Uren per week
Over de functie
Within the framework of the Risk Team, the Risk Expert contributes to the monitoring of the risks linked to the financial transactions and their compliance with the general policies, as regards risk and credit.
The purpose of risk management is to safeguard the organisation, its customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders by identifying and managing all threats to the achievement of its business objectives.
- Perform high qualitative file analysis using the tools at disposal, write a structured summary and come to a motivated opinion within the SLA defined with the business;
- Ensure policies and procedures are complied with and that legislation affecting business is considered;
- ?Participate in the definition of the credit policies of the entity through recommendations on any creation or modification of financial products, standards & procedures;
- ?Coach BU team members in structuring, justifying and documenting credit risk and performance risk proposals (using the Credit Application Form);
- ?Provide management information for the strategic assessment of the portfolio and the development and management of the key risk indicators;
- ?Coaching of junior Risk Officer.
- Monitor the evolution of the quality of operations received and underwritten by the Entity.
- Participate in the organization and execution of credit risk and performance risk review of a selection of files.
- ?Participate in auditing selected joint venture or selected vendors.
- ?Ensure first and second levels of control of the respect for credit policies, standards, procedures current in the entity;
- In relation with retail activity, ensure risk management in storing historical data in order to backtest
- ?Monitor credit/assets recovery in order to minimize potential losses in close collaboration with the Head of Collection & Recovery;
- ?Contribute to the estimation of the bad debt forecast and budget; Be able to report on different risk items according requirements of the Group.
Contribute to the quality, the speed and the reliability of the risk expertise by respecting and by getting the standards of risk and time limit. Issue recommendations on requests within the Delegation of Authority. Contribute in the up-dating of decision-making tools, procedures and operating models.
Participate in the constant monitoring on the resources and the performances of the team.
Resources and authorizations:
Delegation of Authority - jointly with an authorized BU delegate
Annual personal target Setting within the risk domain in accordance with the Risk Manager.
Wat wij bieden
A challenging job with a lot of contacts and room for initiatives;
An atmosphere stimulating personal development and growth;
Competitive salary in accordance with education, experience and skills;
Attractive extralegal advantages.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or closely-related field
-Accounting, legal and financial skills
-Experience in Risk Management and/or risk analysis
-Experience in retail and corporate banking and/or vendorfinancing
-Country native speaking Dutch or French with good knowledge of English
-A general curiosity and broad understanding of the world, and an interest in business affairs and human behaviour, sources of risk how others have dealt with risk.
-Project management skills (ability to undertake complex projects alone but the ability to work in a team when required)
-Familiar with retail decision making (scoring and other types of statistical tools)
-Analytical and communication skills
-Team work oriented skills
Excellent knowledge of MS Office
-Organized, diligent and methodical.
-Being independent and objective in his/her credit recommendations
-Capacity to communicate, express an opinion and negotiate at an advanced level both orally and in writing.
-Very strong team spirit mindset
Over het bedrijf
Our client is European number one in the industry, based in Sint-Agatha-Berchem.